Inspiring stories, real news and the hard questions
It’s whitebaiting season!
And there is no better place in the whole of the country than the Coast for netting your share of this iconic kiwi fare.
But if patient sojourns on river banks are not your thing, then check out the four-wheel drive action on offer in Reefton – it is second to none.
We have had a visit this past week from our Governor General, Dame Patsy Reddy and her husband Sir David. We catch up with them as they tour the Coast.
And we let you see the new DOC walk in Hokitika Gorge through the eyes of a visitor.
Have a listen here as I outline all this and a whole lot more besides – including our delightful Coast Characters, Dave and Andrew Lyes, craftsman wood turner Jimmy Gordon and we pay a tribute to Westland District Deputy Mayor and retiring Greymouth lawyer, David Carruthers.
The Coaster’s Club is of course the vehicle by which we can all stay connected so I would encourage you to join up. I know we can’t always agree on all things, but we can agree that we all want the best for the Coast and the people whose lives and history are intrinsically tied to this wonderful place.
Here’s how you can be part of the Coaster’s Club:
- Follow us on Facebook: The Coaster’s Club
- Follow us on Twitter: The_Coasters_Club
- Subscribe to our You Tube channel and see dozens of videos that don’t get published anywhere else.
- Go to our website and purchase a Coaster’s Pass for a real good deal on a Coast experience – www.thecoastersclub.co.nz
- Receive our newsletter, The Coaster’s Weekly like 33,500 others do and keep connected! Go to www.thecoastersclub.co.nz and enter your email address in the panel on the home page. It’s as easy as that.
Thanks again for your on-going support. If you have story you think should be told in Coaster’s Weekly, or you know of a couple of characters we really ought to talk to, please let us know.